There's no better wake up strategy than a drizzle of warm, white chocolate ganache over fluffy ombre pancakes. A tall stack, of course. With a sparkling White Sequin finish. Because – breakfast goals.
For the pancakes
Pancake mix (we like Birchbenders)
1 packet Supernatural Food Color, any color
For the ganache
6oz white chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, make the pancake batter according to directions. Divide the batter equally among three smaller bowls.
- In another small bowl, put 1 tsp of water. Sprinkle color over water and let stand for 2 minutes. With your spoon or fork, blend color and water until fully dissolved (if needed, add a little more water)
- Drop by drop, begin adding color to each small bowl of batter, gradually increasing color until you have three distinct shades of pancake batter. If you intend to color your ganache, reserve a small amount of color.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat, coating the bottom with a small amount of butter or oil. Working in batches, pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using about 1/4 cup each time. Brown gently on both sides.
- Place heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat until very hot, about 1-2 minutes. Add white chocolate chips to hot cream, and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir ganache until smooth, adding remaining color if using.
- Stack your pancakes, drizzle with warm ganache, and serve.